Shock of the Week – 19th October

Often in the workplace and also at home, we have a lot of appliances to plug in and not enough sockets. The photograph shows an overloaded plug socket – this is a fire hazard that can be easily prevented. If you do find you have more plugs than sockets – invest in a...

Shock of the Week – 12th October

As you can clearly see, this plug socket is well and truly broken. Patman has come across this type of thing more often than he’d like to! Although it’s just the casing broken, this means the components are exposed. This is a fire hazard, and could potentially cause...

Shock of the Week – 5th October

Here we show an upturned soup warmer as used by outdoor catering companies. The photograph shows a power lead which is loose and the cable which runs through the rubber housing has broken away. Should the live cable wear away and come in contact with the metal soup...

Shock of the Week – 28th September

Here is what Patman came across this week! The photograph shows a 3 pin plug with a broken casing. It may look like minor damage; however, anything could get into the plug, including water which could expose you to serious harm and damage your appliance! This is not...

Shock of the Week – 21st September

Mobile catering units can be a recipe for disaster. This temporary light fitting would not pass any legitimate risk assessment. Apart from being old and rusty, it is open to all the elements. There is a hole in the casing which means water could get in. This is a...